Lash Group Officially Opens its New Headquarters in Kingsley Park
“It’s a good day in South Carolina,” said the state’s Governor Nikki R. Haley, at Lash Group’s Grand Opening Ceremony, which took place on April 11, 2016 at our new headquarters in Fort Mill, SC. About Lash Group's decision to move to South Carolina, Haley stated, “This was such a natural fit because here you have a company where all their focus was on quality and healthcare, and you put that in a state that was named the friendliest and most patriotic state in the country, one that really cares about its citizens, and it was the most perfect marriage we could come up with.”
And it truly was a great day in Lash Group’s history. Nearly two years after the announcement was made that we had selected a location for our new facilities just a few miles down the road in South Carolina from our Charlotte location, and almost one year to the day that we had celebrated a construction milestone when the last beam in the new structure was hoisted into place, we marked the beginning of the next chapter in our story in our new "dream home".
“When I started at Lash Group more than two decades ago...we were 30 associates strong working diligently to help patients gain access to the vital therapies they needed to live longer, healthier lives,” says Tracy Foster, Lash Group’s president. “This purpose of lowering barriers to care for patients has propelled us forward to where we are today… a successful organization with more than 3,500 associates nationwide who work with purpose each and every day to support patients.”
The growth that we've experienced over the past few years drove the decision to build new offices – a building that would better accommodate the growing needs of patients, providers, our pharmaceutical manufacturer clients, and associates.
“Today, we're settling into our beautiful new building – an inspiring space that has been designed with a contemporary, forward-thinking vibe…we’ve created amenities to meet a variety of associate and business needs, and found ways to maximize efficiency and functionality. To ensure our future success, we’ve consciously made investments in our workspace, in our people, and in our technology,” noted Tracy.
Tracy acknowledged those companies who partnered with AmerisourceBergen and Lash Group for this special project, including Childress Klein, Shelco, Gensler, Jones Lang LaSalle, and Harker Doerre, as well as the property owner and developer, the Springs family. She also called out those within the company that had a special role in the building project, including Shea Barfield, VP of Workplace Services for AmerisourceBergen; Barbara Whitten, Sr. Director of Business Solutions for Lash Group; as well as Lash Group’s Building Governance Committee responsible for the oversight of the building project, and our Change Readiness Champions who acted as move coordinators during the transition into the new facilities.
Participating in the event were a number of local and state South Carolina dignitaries, including Governor Nikki R. Haley, U.S. Representative Mick Mulvaney, State Senator Greg Gregory, State Representative Raye Felder, and Fort Mill Mayor, Guynn Savage. AmerisourceBergen President & CEO, Steve Collis, delivered remarks about Lash Group's growth, as well as its commitment to and passion for patient care. U.S. Representative Mick Mulvaney also delivered a few words to express his enthusiasm for Lash Group's decision to move to South Carolina, and the support we have from the community. Other AmerisourceBergen leadership in attendance included AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group President, James Frary, members of AmerisourceBergen’s Executive Leadership Team, Government Affairs, and ABSG leadership, as well as Lash Group and Xcenda leadership / associates. Lash Group founder and AmerisourceBergen executive Peyton Howell made a surprise appearance at the event, and even took a few minutes to talk to the press about Lash Group’s early beginnings around her kitchen table.
During the ceremony, Governor Nikki Haley presented Tracy Foster with a framed seal of South Carolina, and did the honors of cutting the ribbon to officially open our new offices. In her remarks, she expressed her excitement that new, large businesses were choosing to call South Carolina home. “Our goal is to keep making sure they grow…we will wrap our arms around you, and won’t let you go.”
Following the ribbon cutting ceremony and press conference, guests were invited to join a celebratory reception as well as tour the new facilities.
A number of news stories have aired / been posted about the event. See below for a collection of links to these stories as well as a selection of images from Lash Group’s Grand Opening Celebration!
Online Media Coverage
- Gov. Haley attends healthcare company's ribbon-cutting in Fort Mill, WSOC (ABC) Charlotte
- Lash Group celebrates move to new 1,200-employee Fort Mill HQ (PHOTOS), Charlotte Business Journal
- Republished on In USA News
- Lash Group dedicates new Fort Mill headquarters to employ 2,400,The Herald
- SC Gov. Haley at opening of Lash Group in Fort Mill, The Herald
- Lash Group celebrates new Ft. Mill, SC headquarters, The Charlotte Observer
- Lash Group looks to double Fort Mill workforce by 2020, The Charlotte Observer
- Republished on MyInforms.com
- Republished on WN.com
- Haley cuts ribbon as The Lash Group opens Fort Mill headquarters, WRHI-AM 1340/WRHI-FM 94.3
- Republished on MyInforms.com
- Photos: Gov. Haley attends dedication of Lash Group headquarters in Fort Mill, The Herald
- Lash Group Announced Plans to Add 1,200 New Jobs In Fort Mill, Charlotte Stories
Broadcast Media Coverage
Five television stations attended the ribbon cutting ceremony. You many view coverage for one of the TV spots - CN2 New from Rock Hill.
- CN2 News, a Rock Hill cable news station, ran a segment on its morning broadcast Lash Group Ribbon Cutting
April 11 Morning Coverage:
- WCNC-CLT, NBC Charlotte, ran a segment on its 6:00 a.m. news on April 11. WCNC-CLT (NBC), 11 Apr 2016 06:37 - NBC Charlotte @ 6:00
- WBTV-CLT,CBS Charlotte, ran a segment on its 6:00 a.m. news on April 11. WBTV-CLT (CBS), 11 Apr 2016 06:04 - WBTV News 3 at 6AM
- This segment also ran during the 5:00 a.m. news on April 11. WBTV-CLT (CBS), 11 Apr 2016 05:19 - WBTV News 3 at 5AM
April 11 Evening Coverage:
- WBTV-CLT, CBS Charlotte, ran a segment on its 5:30pm news on April 11. WBTV-CLT (CBS), 11 Apr 2016 17:35 - WBTV News 3 at 5:30PM
- FOX46 Carolinas, WJZY-TV, ran a segment on its 6:00pm news on April 11. Fox 46 Carolinas, 11 Apr 2016 18:05 - Fox 46 News at 6pm
April 12 Morning Coverage:
- WCCB, CW Charlotte, ran a segment on its 5:00 and 6:00 a.m. news on April 12 WCCB-TV, 12 Apr 2016 06:34 - WCCB News Rising; WCCB-TV, 12 Apr 2016 05:12 - WCCB News Rising 5AM
- FOX 46 Carolinas, WJZY-TV, ran a segment on its 4:00 a.m. news on April 12 Fox 46 Carolinas, 12 Apr 2016 04:45 - Good Day Charlotte