NORD 2016: Rare Diseases & Orphan Products Breakthrough Summit
The 2016 Breakthrough Summit is your opportunity to collaborate with the top leaders from the FDA, NIH, industry, patient groups, payers and research institutions to address the progress and innovations in rare disease diagnosis, treatment, patient engagement and market access of orphan products.
Breakthroughs in treatment have given hope to many patients with rare diseases. Yet, barriers to accessing these life-changing treatments remain. Specialized commercialization strategies designed with the patient’s treatment experience in mind optimize product access while ensuring cost and logistical efficiencies. Speak with our experts at the AmerisourceBergen display to learn more about our Signature Commercialization Strategies, and how we are working to make a difference in the smallest patient populations.
Don't miss sessions with our experts!
October 17 | 3:30 p.m.
The Challenge of Access and Reimbursement – Rising Concerns Regarding Affordability, Innovation and Quality of Care
- Catherine Blansfield, MA, BS, RN, Vice President of Access and Outcomes, NORD
- Lori Reilly, Executive Vice President, Policy & Research, PhRMA
- Loreen M. Brown, MSW, Senior Vice President, Product, Strategy and Commercialization Excellence, Lash Group
- Karen L. Erickson, Associate Executive Director, Community Engagement, The Alpha-1 Foundation
- Peter Dehnel, Medical Director, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
October 17 | 12:15 p.m.
Lunch & Learn Roundtable: Navigating and Accessing Hubs for Rare Disease Patients
Nancy Pilcher, RN, Director, Business Development, Lash Group